Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Purpose of this Guide
This guide is a catalog of publicly available (and usable) ancient biblical manuscripts, emphasizing those referenced in the textual apparatus of the Greek NT and that of the BHS. This allows students of biblical Greek and Hebrew to engage in textual-critical studies of ancient biblical manuscripts.
This guide is a work in progress, and we need your help! There are hundreds of manuscripts listed in BHS and GNT, and we hope to have as many direct links to online manuscripts as possible.
Throughout this guide you will see instructions for how to locate manuscripts online and submit them.
- Priority is given to manuscripts listed in BHS and GNT.
- Priority is given to links to high resolution images of manuscripts.
- Facsimiles of the manuscripts are certainly desired where high-res images are not possible.
- Transcriptions are less of a priority; however, the goal is to have a link for viewing the content of as many manuscripts as possible.
- You can help us out greatly by reporting broken links; simply drop a comment in comment section of the box with the broken link.